Loving Brianna

A husband, a toddler, and a full-time job... I'm just one girl trying to balance it all!

Sunday, August 8, 2010

Goodbye 10th Week!

So I'm officially 11 weeks pregnant today and I cannot even begin to tell you how happy I am that the 10th week is over! It was a rough one!! Aside from all of the typical prego symptoms (mostly fatigue and lots of nausea) my pregnancy brain MAJORLY kicked in this week.


A couple of weeks ago Michael made a very tough decision for our family and traded his gorgeous truck in for two cars because I've still been driving my 2002 Toyota Echo that is not very safe and would not work once the baby comes. He surprised me and got me a brand new 2010 Mercury Milan Premier that has every feature I could dream of. It is white with black leather interior and one of the features I'm most excited about are the heated seats for winter! Wednesday night I was meeting my mom, her best friend Debbie, her mom and my Grandpa for dinner and I was feeling kind of sick so I stopped by the house between work and dinner. When I was pulling out of the driveway and as I was going in reverse I ran into the HOUSE and knocked the mirror off the driver's side. WHAT THE HECK! I ended up not going to dinner and cried until Michael got home. He wasn't happy but to his credit he didn't yell at me and was happy I was safe. He has ordered the parts for the car but it has been sitting in the garage ever since.


Another very sad moment this week happened Monday morning. When I was getting ready for work I was listening to the radio and the traffic report said that there was an accident on I-75 South which is the way I usually travel to work. Thinking I was being smarter than the traffic I decided to take I-74 to I-275 and go the back way to Florence. I'm feeling very proud of myself as I get on the interstate, turn some music on and think about the day ahead. Next thing I know I look around me and I'm in Brookeville, Indiana!!! I had to go another 2 exits to find a way to get back on the interstate in the opposite direction. Apparently I missed the I-275 turn off and my 30-40 minute commute turned into a good 2 hours. I also got lost on Thursday on my way to Frankfort for a meeting but that detour was not quite as bad. Needless to say, I totally believe in pregnancy brain and only hope it gets better!!!


On a brighter note, Michael and I went to a cookout Saturday at my Aunt Cathy's and got to see the Art kids. The food was great and we had a lot of fun. Cathy even bought me my first pumpkin pie of the season and it was YUMMY! My favorite! Alexis was in a good mood for half of the night and I got some really cute pictures. She is getting big too fast!


Today was Leah's second birthday!!! Valerie and Tom had a bunch of friends and family over to their house to celebrate. Leah was so adorable and it was a blast watching her open her gifts. I can't believe 2 years ago we were all at the hospital waiting for her to arrive! The newest Ramp, Nathan, is almost 3 months and growing quickly! He is so cute and was so good and let everyone pass him around and take turns holding him.


I'm excited to see what week 11 brings and I'll be very happy to transition into my second trimester!

2 comments:

  1. I hope you're feeling better! And I got to be honest, I'm surprised Mike didn't freak when you knocked the mirror off the car. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear that everything is going semi-good. Dont feel bad I too had the pregnancy brain and I didnt find out I was pregnant with Emily until almost 12 weeks. I said mine was from buying the house and moving but it still continued and I found out why :) Good luck and at least your car is ok as well as you :)

    ReplyDelete