Loving Brianna

A husband, a toddler, and a full-time job... I'm just one girl trying to balance it all!

Monday, August 16, 2010

Not Much New

Other than Michael and I both having a crazy work week last week not much has been going on. It seems like we haven't been seeing each other very much. By the time we get home from work and eat dinner I'm about ready for bed. I've been pretty lucky that I haven't been too incredibly tired during the day but by 9:30 at night I will fall asleep on the couch if I'm not in bed. This is a really funny change in our relationship because I was always the one up for hours after Michael went to sleep. After living alone for so long I really enjoy some alone time to read or catch up with friends by talking on the phone or watching some of my reality TV addictions. Now that I'm in bed early Michael has been staying up playing XBox with his friends and family or watching some boy shows which has been some great alone time for him. I guess the adjustment to having less "Tammi-time" needed to happen eventually before the baby gets here. It just seems like it is happening so quickly :)

Some books say I have transitioned to my second trimester this week while others say I have another week to go. Regardless, there have been some significant changes. My nausea (which was getting pretty bad) has almost subsided. I have a little trouble in the evenings if I haven't eaten enough but that is much better than being sick all day. What has taken place of the nausea is this INSANE back pain! Between last week's stress from work and this back pain getting so bad I thought I wasn't going to be able to take it. I spent the weekend trying to rest as much as I could. I had to miss Kennetta's bachelorette party in Louisville and I was really sad about that. (I've heard it was still a huge success and they had a great time!)

I went to my 12 week doctor's appointment today. Sorry if this is TMI... but I found out that my uterus is very tilted which is causing the baby to grow into my spine instead of my abdomen. (I'm totally THAT girl discussing her uterus to anyone who will listen... so sorry). The good news is that it will correct itself over the next 2 months. I'm glad to know there is a reason and that the baby is okay and most importantly it will only be a couple months of pain instead of 6 more! We were unable to hear the heartbeat because of this same problem. I was a little upset about that but the doctor assured me that everything is progressing normally and I have nothing to worry about.

So that is pretty much the summary of my life... maybe I need to get Michael to guest blog about how he is doing. I'm not sure that would happen but if it did he would say all he does is work and come home to an evil prego wife. First year of marriage.... so fun :)

I hope everyone has a wonderful week!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment