Loving Brianna

A husband, a toddler, and a full-time job... I'm just one girl trying to balance it all!

Monday, August 30, 2010

Birthdays and Eyebrows

So I'm now officially 14 weeks and in my second trimester! I've been having a lot of trouble sleeping and am debating the purchase of a pregnancy pillow. Has anyone tried one? They are expensive and I don't want to waste the money on something that isn't worth it but I really miss the 10 hours of sleep a night I was getting!


This past week went by really quickly. We went to dinner with Mike's family for his grandma Rosie's birthday. I really wasn't feeling well but it still was nice to see everyone. Rosie had to have one of her knees replaced on Thursday but is doing really well. She has moved to the rehab facility where she will hopefully get lots of good care and heal quickly!


We went to Adeyln's 4th princess surprise birthday party at Chuck E. Cheese and it was complete madness but fun. She was very cute and excited. I also ran into Tara and her nieces... is that a sign of getting old when you run into your friends at Chuck E. Cheese?


Saturday was very low key. Michael woke up early to go with our neighbor, Ken, to visit one of Ken's brothers in Indiana who has some kind of self sufficient home. I don't know much about it but Michael said it was really cool. Apparently he doesn't pay for electric or water and they grow all of their own food. While Michael was away visiting I spent the day reading Kristin Hannah's "The Winter Garden". I love to read but I haven't written a book report since ummm.... who knows... but it was such an amazing book! It took a while to get into but I really ended up loving it. For a serious book reviewer check out Michael's cousin Amanda's awesome blog here... http://www.glowsnoveladdiction.blogspot.com/ Just thought I'd share!


Michael spent Sunday afternoon out in the heat at Ethan's football game and then stayed to watch some of Bella's cheerleading. I've decided to wait to go to a game when it gets cooler out. While he was at the game I went to a family get together at my parent's house. My Uncle Mike is home from Chicago so this was a little pre-gathering before our big cookout next Sunday. It was a lot of fun to see everyone and my face was hurting from laughing so hard! My cousin Lisa made some delicious vegetable soup that I enjoyed! Vegetable soup has been one of my only cravings so far and this soup was GOOD! I also got to spend a little time with my little Toby boy.


Tonight we're just kind of hanging out. I've been trying to convince Michael for years to let me pluck his eyebrows. He has very thick, dark hair and big handsome brown eyes that would look so much better sans the hair! For some reason he chose tonight to let me pluck away!! Too bad I got about 3 eyebrows out before he couldn't take anymore. Why are boys such wimps? I explained to him that waxing is much quicker and hurts a lot less and he is considering it! We might need to have a date and visit the salon and both get ours done (mine are pretty rough these days too). I think this might be an example of why women give birth and not men... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment