Loving Brianna

A husband, a toddler, and a full-time job... I'm just one girl trying to balance it all!

Sunday, August 22, 2010

Lucky Girl

There wasn't much going on again this week. Work was insane for me and I'm hoping the stress will decrease in the next couple of weeks. Michael had a better week because his assistant was back from vacation. I was so exhausted from my stressful days at work I went to bed early every night. Luckily I've been physically feeling better... I'm hoping its part of the move into the second trimester! I'm anxious to start feeling the baby move but from what I hear it will be a few more weeks. My belly has gotten harder and my pants officially no longer fit. I've been wearing a lot of dresses and have a couple pair of maternity pants. I think the winter will be much more challenging when it comes to clothes!

This weekend was full of relaxation and I really enjoyed it! Saturday Michael and I went to lunch with his sister Erin and her boyfriend Conor who were visiting from Pittsburgh. Mama Peggy came along also and it was so much fun. It's always so great to see Erin! She is always smiling and kind and you can tell she really loves and cares about her family. And we love and care about her and Conor a ton too :)

On the way home from lunch we stopped at the jewelers and Michael ran in to have my ring cleaned. It needed it soooo bad because I hadn't stopped in since the wedding! He came back to the car with a big sparkly diamond. It looks great! He also brought with him a little surprise. The jeweler, Phil, says he is always about 90% right about guessing the sex of his customer's babies! He gave us a little tiny gold baby ring in a pink little box. So I'm marking it on our list of predictions. I still deep down really believe this baby is a boy but we will be THRILLED either way! I'm excited to know what this little person is but part of me will miss the excitement of not knowing. Who knows... maybe he or she won't cooperate and we'll have to wait the rest of the 9 months. Never know!

Michael was going later that night to a cookout at his brother's and I decided I needed a mini-vacation. I don't know how much longer I'll be able to do this but the best escape from life's stress for me is to go stay with my parents for a night! We had a nice (and healthy) home cooked dinner together and my mom and I stayed up watching a Hallmark movie together. I got to sleep in my big comfy bed with my favorite little fury guy Toby. Then I wake up to breakfast! Man... the life!!

When I got home I discovered my wonderful husband had cleaned the kitchen and living room! Now the rest of Sunday afternoon can be spent reading, catching up on the DVR and laundry. I'm a lucky girl!

The next couple weeks should be fun. Adelyn turns 4 on the 29th and she is having a princess themed party. She has invited all of her little girlfriends and Michael (???). She says he is her Price Charming. How hilarious is that? She loves him as much as he loves her. So cute! Labor Day weekend Michael and I are travelling down to Ashland, Ky to go to Kennetta's wedding. When we get back home we're having a big family cookout with my family to celebrate a bunch of birthdays and my Uncle Mike will be home from Chicago for a visit. I'll be sure to blog and post pictures. I hope everyone has a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment