Loving Brianna

A husband, a toddler, and a full-time job... I'm just one girl trying to balance it all!

Saturday, February 4, 2012

My Week in Review

This week has been kind of crazy.  Work seemed to go kind of fast but I think it was because I was all but dreading the weekend.  My Uncle Daryl's funeral was today.  I'm thankful that I have been able to spend so much time with my family but it is a very sad reason to be brought together.  I'm so lucky to be so close to all of my many aunts and uncles.  I have so many memories of Sunday dinners at my grandparents house growing up.  My family always is celebrating something.  I do think we do a good job of cherishing our time together... there is always lots of laughter, kids screaming, yummy food and of course a little drama.  Saying goodbye to one of the kindest men I have ever known who always had a smile on his face and hug and kiss to make your day better was difficult.  But I think it says a lot about how wonderful my family is that I feel like I did get to spend a lot of time with him and I have endless happy memories of the times we shared with Daryl.

I had a very good day on Thursday.  I was surprised with flowers in the morning from my sweet husband.  I have never been a fan of flowers on a birthday or anniversary but when you least expect them they are such a wonderful surprise!  My work friends and I had scheduled a lunch using Groundhog's Day as an excuse to get together with some of our friends that have retired or moved on from our office.  It was so much fun!  It is always nice to have a break from the office and I'm so lucky that I genuinely love my co-workers!  Libby also came back to the office to meet the man who took her position.  It felt like old times!

Cindi and I also had our second class of a 12 week photography class at Baker Hunt.  It was supposed to help us with learning to shoot manually with our DSLR cameras.  Let me tell you... it is sooooooo much more complicated than I ever could have imagined.  So far it has just made me feel stupid.  I'm hoping it gets better.  I just keep reminding myself that if I can just learn two or three things that I can take from the class and actually use then it will be worth while.

One more thing that I've been dealing with are some insane nightmares.  I've never been a very good sleeper and have been known to sleep walk and talk in my sleep.  This nightmare thing  is new since Brianna was born.  A lot of the times the nightmares involve her... being scared that something is happening to her.  I guess that is my new biggest fear but it is exhausting.  I need all the sleep I can get these days and it is supposed to be peaceful... not scary!  If anyone has any suggestions on remedies for this please let me know!

I'll leave you with a self-pic of me with my angel baby :)




No comments:

Post a Comment