Loving Brianna

A husband, a toddler, and a full-time job... I'm just one girl trying to balance it all!

Sunday, October 3, 2010

Walton Verona Bearcats!


Michael and I went this afternoon to see Ethan play football and Bella cheer. I knew that Bella and Ethan have been practicing more than 4 hours a week and spending their entire Sunday afternoons at games but I had no idea how serious this was until we got there!

Michael had gone to a game earlier in the season but being pregnant and not loving the heat I stayed away until it was cooler... and man was it cooler! It was somewhere around the mid 50's so we bundled up and took some warm blankets and headed to the Walton Verona Sports Complex.

Ethan's game had already started when we got there so we found Tony, Michelle and Adelyn and got our seats. Ethan wasn't playing but he was doing an amazing job cheering on his team and getting the crowd up and out of their seats. These 1st and 2nd graders mean business on the football field. There is seriously some major tackling and competition going on out there. Ethan's team ended up going into double overtime and the Bearcats pulled out a win!

Next game was the 3rd and 4th graders and Bella took the field very timidly at first because she was freezing. She quickly warmed up and was adorable. She is a fantastic cheerleader and is really growing up so quickly. I loved that she was taking the lead and starting some cheers and the interaction between her and her little friends makes me so happy. I explained to her later how a lot of the friends that I made at her age are still some of my best friends today.

Next, came Bella's halftime show. I've been trying to upload the video but have been having a ton of problems. It is too big for the blog and it keeps cancelling out on facebook. I'll figure it out eventually! The halftime show was 4 minutes long and very high energy and those girls can really dance and cheer! It got me kind of teary eyed watching her dance so well and know what she is doing out in the field. And seeing her as a "flyer"(sp?) was so fun because she has worked really hard!

This was such a wonderful day and I'm so glad we went to their last home game! Hopefully we'll be able to go see them at their playoffs in the coming weeks.

`Pictures were posted on my Facebook page from the game if you'd like to check them out!

No comments:

Post a Comment