Loving Brianna

A husband, a toddler, and a full-time job... I'm just one girl trying to balance it all!

Monday, July 19, 2010

Ayden Joseph



















So I know that this summer has been the summer of weddings and babies but today was a big day! My Godson was born! Ayden Joseph Schroeder was born this afternoon and he is a big healthy boy! He is 8lb 13oz and 22 1/2 inches long. He is so handsome. He is a little man and seems very even tempered and calm. I loved holding him!
I absolutely love the family that I have married into! Ayden's mommy Kim and I have been close for years but now we like to pretend we are sisters-in-law. Kim and Drew are great parents and Austyn is adorable and full of 2 year old little boy energy.

Kim had told me that I could be in the room when she had the little guy and I tried! She was admitted into the hospital to be induced Sunday night at midnight. I got to the hospital about 2:30am to hang out and hoped things would move quickly like they did with her first, Austyn. I had my ultrasound at 10am downtown so I stuck around as long as I could. When I left at 9 she had made some progress and was about the get her epidural. By the time my appointment was over I went back to work and got the news that he had been born and everyone was doing great.

Michael and I went to the hospital when we got off work to see and hold the new little guy. He was so big and handsome! He was very cuddly! I even got to feed him a little which was so fun! Mike was exhausted from a long hot day at work but he held little Ayden as well.

Then Gigi (Mike's Aunt Susie) came in with Austyn to introduce him to his baby brother. He didn't seem too interested but he was very excited to see his mommy and quickly grabbed a snack and climbed into the hospital bed with her.

Such an amazing day. Welcome baby Ayden... we are here to always love and support you! Congratulations Drew, Kim and Austyn... such an adorable family!

No comments:

Post a Comment