Loving Brianna

A husband, a toddler, and a full-time job... I'm just one girl trying to balance it all!

Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Random Wednesday

I mentioned in my last post that Brianna will "shhhhh" me when I sing sometimes.   She also breaks out the "shhhhh" if Michael and I argue or if someone is in the car with us and we are talking and she wants to hear the song playing on the radio.  While I'm not okay with her being disrespectful or disruptive... I  often have a hard time not laughing.  Part of why I find this so funny is that apparently I did the same thing when I was her age.  My little brother, Adam, was born on my second birthday.  Yes... the exact day... and he LOVED when our Mom sang to him.  I really didn't like it.  Apparently I would sit under the kitchen table and put my hands over my ears and scream, "STOP SINGING!!".  My mom said I am getting "payback".  If this is the worst of my "payback" I will gladly take it!!! 
Another fun (notsofun) fact... Michael obsessively sings and it drives me crazy.  Many days he wakes up singing and goes to bed singing.  He sings in the shower, he sings in the car, he sings at work.  The boy is always singing.  There are MANY days that I want to go sit under the kitchen table and cover my ears and scream "STOP SINGING!!".  For me, there is no greater torture.  We are going to Florida this year and for the first time in our seven years together we are driving instead of flying.  I'm thinking I need to invest in some really great noise cancelling headphones for that trip.  

I received one of the happiest text messages EVER yesterday morning.  My college roommate, Stephanie,  is 9 weeks pregnant!!!!  She and her husband, Austin, have had a very difficult  journey with more heartbreak than any couple should experience.  Please keep them and their little peanut in your prayers.  I am so incredibly excited for them and can't wait to watch as they experience every little and big joy that is coming their way.  I pray that God holds their hearts extra close right now!

How can I follow such a happy announcement?  How about I announce my own newest love?  Cranberry Juice! I am obsessed right now.  I try not to drink much (ummmm hello sugar) but I'm constantly thinking about a full glass of crushed ice and a splash of cranberry juice.  Yum!! I realize now after typing that how much that sounds like a pregnancy craving... nope... not me!!! 

Which conveniently brings me to the next topic I'd like to discuss. Michael and I have gotten the million dollar question pretty much on a weekly basis since Brianna was born.  "Are you ready for number two?"  "When are you going to give Brianna a sibling?"  "How many kids do you want?"  I can't say these questions irritate me... because they don't... I just don't have any answers.  The PRO/CON list continues to have way too much in each column keeping it balanced and no where near tipping in either direction.  I want Brianna to have at least one sibling and I like to pretend that with baby number two I won't be such a nutcase and be a little bit more laid back and be better at accepting help.  But then I think about recovering from another c-section and PPD and I'm terrified.  Absolutely terrified.  Then you consider childcare, Brianna starting preschool next year, diapers... I can go on and on and on.  But I will stop.   If God blessed us with another child tomorrow we would be extremely excited and thankful and we would figure all of the other stuff out in time.  If we wait until the timing is what we consider to be perfect then we will never have a second child.  As I told Tara over and over throughout her labor, "God's timing is always perfect."

Okay... I think that is enough randomness for a random Wednesday evening.  

I'm going to go attempt to kick insomnia's butt.  I've only been able to sleep a handful of hours a night this week.  It hasn't been fun and it is making me irritable and emotional at work, which is extra bad considering my clients typically come to me irritable and emotional themselves.     Thursday is MY Friday though...  I've almost made it to my three days home with my girl!  Goodnight, friends.                          


No comments:

Post a Comment