Loving Brianna

A husband, a toddler, and a full-time job... I'm just one girl trying to balance it all!

Monday, February 25, 2013

Happy Birthday, Brianna!

Michael and I officially have a curly headed, energetic, smart, and curious two year old little girl running around our house.  On her actual birthday (February 20th) I put a picture up on facebook and mentioned that when she turned one I felt like I was not only celebrating her but also my own accomplishment of keeping a little human alive for a whole year.  Now that her second birthday has come and gone I really feel like we celebrated HER this year!  I love who she is and every new little glimpse we get to see of her personality.  She makes us laugh constantly these days.  I love how much of a little sponge her brain is at this stage.  She remembers EVERYTHING.  And asks questions about the things she doesn't know.  

When she wakes up in the morning or after a nap she has so much to tell me.  Its like she has done a lot of thinking and she has to tell me every thought that crossed her mind while she was alone in her crib.  Yesterday we were out on the deck and she was playing.  She ran up to me and looked up and said "Mom, what is this place?" I immediately cracked up.  The fact that she called me Mom makes me laugh but I also still die a little inside every time she replaces Mommy with Mom.  I told her we were on the deck and she moved on satisfied with my response.  She asked this same question on Saturday when we went to lunch with my Aunt Sharon.  We went to a local barbecue place that is basically a big red barn.  Michael was carrying her and she said, "Dad, what is this place?".  He told her it was a restaurant but that isn't the answer she was looking for so she asked me again once we sat down.  I told her we were in a barn and she got a huge smile.  Then refused to sit in the highchair because, don't you know, that thing is a torture chamber for someone that is TWO.  Those things are for babies.  Why sit and enjoy the food and company when you can be running around in a BARN!

I have learned she does much better with our routine when she knows what to expect.  Talking with her about a change before it happens seems to make schedule changes go much more smoothly.  I plan to use this as my first defense when dealing with the infamous "terrible twos".  So far she seems to do just fine when she is rested.  When she misses a nap or doesn't get enough sleep we see some pretty terrible outbursts.  But I wouldn't trade it for anything.  

Brianna's Loves:  
Baby Graham & Baby J.R.
Madagascar 3
Kikis (Blankies) 
Stuffed animals (must to my dismay... and lack of room)
Books- favorites right now are Barney Goes to the Zoo and Lila Leapfrog
Accessories- shoes, purses, jewlery, hair bows etc
Bink (I need to somehow break her of this stupid pacifier before March 15th (two year doctor's visit)
Brushing her Teeth
The Polar Express (oh... you thought that was a Christmas movie?  Not in our house)
Bathies
Bread Crust (I find this super weird)
CANDY
Trains
Anything outside- I can't wait for SPRING!

Dislikes: 
Having her hair fixed, brushed or even touched
Highchairs
Lettuce (gets it from her Dad)


Here are some pictures from her party at our house last weekend.  She still has another party next Sunday.  This child is going to think birthdays are celebrated for a full month.  

Watch her grow!  A picture a month

"Coco Dots" were the theme



A little pre-party Swedish Fish

Every time I tried to sing "Happy Birthday" she said SHHHH Mommy!

Brianna LOVES Claire... Claire isn't so sure
Great Granny and Claire


The cake... that I hated...


But she loved it... that really is all that matters


So Sweet!!!







All hopped up on sugar!
Thank you to everyone that helped us celebrate Brianna!  She loved every minute!

1 comment:

  1. Polar Express a Christmas movie?? Surely you are mistaken! It's definitely not at our house either! What a sweetie! I'm glad she had a great birthday!

    ReplyDelete