Loving Brianna

A husband, a toddler, and a full-time job... I'm just one girl trying to balance it all!

Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Labor Day 2012

Last time I checked Labor Day was supposed to be the day you take off from "Laboring".  Last time I checked, every single holiday has turned into "Labor".  Which is why I'm happy to announce this year the Lee family is boycotting Labor Day celebrations.  

Every holiday that comes around emails start going back and forth between families.  When each celebration will be, where they will be held, who will be attending and what you plan to bring.  Sounds like fun, right?  In theory, yes... its a blast and we love having friends and family to celebrate with.  But when you consider that most of the time we have THREE family gatherings to go to, sometimes all in one day, it is utterly exhausting!  

The first problem is travel time.  Each location is 45-60 minutes away from the last.  The next problem is a toddler that doesn't get a nap.  The third problem is this tired Mama chasing a toddler in homes that are not baby proofed.  

I also have gotten the sense that some family members are less than thrilled about hosting these days.  I totally get it.  Family gatherings are expensive and a TON of work.  I try my best to clean up after my little family but I know that the bulk of the cleaning is left with the hosts after all of the people are long gone. 

So this year Labor Day will be spent at home.  I hope we don't hurt anyone's feelings.  With all of the holidays coming up in the next few months we will have plenty of time for celebrations and family time.  

I plan to spend my four day weekend loving on my baby girl and doing fun things with my little family.  If anyone would like to visit us, they are welcome to!!!  You can come to my baby proofed house and we can relax and hang out with Brianna as she plays with her toys after she takes a nap in her crib :)  We will all be much happier that way!

No comments:

Post a Comment