Loving Brianna

A husband, a toddler, and a full-time job... I'm just one girl trying to balance it all!

Thursday, March 22, 2012

I'm officially 30!!

This has been a crazy week.  It started out with a family dinner for Adam and I at our parent's house.  My brother and I share the same birthday which is a fabulous day to celebrate... the first day of spring!  Adam turned 28 this year.  I love to think back on all of our past birthdays.  How special our parents made the day for us.  Our birthdays always included a shopping spree to Johnny's Toys and a visit into the castle.  I'm so sad that Johnny's isn't there any longer to experience with Brianna.

I'm sure everyone who grew up in Northern Kentucky had a similar experience.  Typically, our Johnny's key would arrive on the same day, usually a couple weeks before the big day.  I'm pretty sure I would sleep with mine and the excitement for the birthday visit would build and build.  When we went to use the key, one at a time, Adam and I would walk up to the castle and turn the key and magically a birthday song would begin to play throughout the store and the castle door would swing open for us to step in and pick a toy.  They were pretty crappy basic toys.  Squirt guns, generic baby dolls, toy soldiers... but there wasn't anything better than feeling the magic of the castle.

My magic castle, as I turn 30, is definitely without question my family and friends.  I LOVE the people in my life.  My family has always been so supportive.  I've only ever known acceptance, encouragement, and love.  Not only is my family amazing, but I have lifelong friends who know me in and out and love me for me.  Friendships have always meant a lot to me but the older I get, the more I treasure them.  Distance has come between so many of us but I still feel CLOSE to them.

I can only pray that I can provide half of the consistency I've had in my life to Brianna.  I hope my next 30 years help me grow in that.  I look forward to standing by my family and friends and experience all of the ups and downs that life can bring us.

Okay... I've blogged about turning 30 so that means it is DEFINITELY over.  Oh... other than the celebration with some of my best friends next weekend (4 of us turned 30 this month!).  I can't wait to hang out, laugh and just enjoy being together.  REALLY can't wait!


No comments:

Post a Comment