Loving Brianna

A husband, a toddler, and a full-time job... I'm just one girl trying to balance it all!

Tuesday, January 3, 2012

A Visit and a New Year!

I've been reading a lot of blogs about how terrible 2011 was and how 2012 is welcomed with open arms. I agree... 2011 was a rough year.  

But my biggest dream came true in 2011...


 This was my sweet baby girl at 6 weeks old.  It is amazing how fast time has gone!

We had more than a new year visit us this past week, Kimberly came up to NKY to visit!  Brianna was four months old the last time she was in town so it was a long overdue reunion.  The weekend went way too quickly but Brianna and I had a lot of fun!  I think Kimberly left very exhausted but at least some new memories were made and old traditions were followed.  

Wednesday night we just hung out after her long drive up.  Thursday I had to work but then we had a wonderful dinner with Tara at Buckhead.  Brianna was a little flirt and was in love with our waiter.  I'm in big trouble...

Friday was a day that I have been waiting months to arrive!  We had planned a girl's day that involved Brianna staying home with Daddy and a group of us going to my favorite, Benihana, and a movie.  It was several hours of absolute baby free bliss!  I missed my girl and after going our separate ways I was very excited kiss some Brianna cheeks.  

Saturday morning our fun adventure was to the Krohn Conservatory.  We have been there so many times but taking  Brianna at such a fun age was the best!  She loved people watching, seeing the trains, and pointing at the beautiful flowers.  

When we got there we saw this little surprise...


This baby lamb was sticking close to its Mommy with its little shaky legs.  After telling some family about this on Sunday, I was told she was born Christmas day and was named Mary Christmas.  How cute is that? I want to go back and see her again!


Tara, her niece, Dakota, and Lisa joined us.  It is so fun being with old friends.  (Kimberly took the picture... we had a stranger take one with all of us but it was on Kim's camera!)


Look at this happy girl!


I just love this baby!


And finally some pictures with her Aunt Kimmie! 



We ended 2011 with a nice dinner with Michael followed by a dance party at home where Brianna shook her booty.  

I'm happy to ring in a new year that I'm sure will bring a lot of challenges as well as much happiness.  

I hope everyone has enjoyed some good family and friend time over these past couple weeks.  I always find the first week in a new year a little stressful.  Getting back into the swing of things is difficult!  

Happy 2012!

No comments:

Post a Comment