Loving Brianna

A husband, a toddler, and a full-time job... I'm just one girl trying to balance it all!

Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Curls, Curls Everywhere!

I will be posting about Baby Brianna's first Christmas very soon but for now I'd like to discuss... HER HAIR!!!

Let's begin by taking a look at my sweet girl's hair in a picture taken October 3, 2011.  Just shy of three short months ago...

I thought she had a lot of hair at that point.  It was curly when wet but after drying it was straight and was perfectly controllable.

Because I see her every day it has been a slow progression.  Looking at pictures now I have noticed this EXPLOSION of curls...

This picture was taken December 26, 2011... 


Anyone who knows me, knows how much I have struggled with my curly hair my entire life.  

I was so hoping that my baby, boy or girl, would not inherit this madness.  

But now that I'm looking at this sweet head full of curls with a colorful bow to hold it off her face... I dare to say I love it!  I know there are going to be many days she wishes she had the straight hair of her friends.  I'll be there to dry her eyes when she has had enough of the teasing, because that day will come. When that day comes I want her to know that she is gorgeous and perfect.  I will never say "people pay good money for those curls".  I've heard that a million times in my life.  I HATE THAT STATEMENT.  I will be there to help her straighten her curls when she is ready and I'll be there to help her make them big and bouncy if she should choose. 

I want her to know that now that she is here, I am finally accepting my own crazy curls.  I'm thankful for this maddening head of hair because it is what first made my baby girl laugh.  In the middle of the night while changing a diaper she saw my curls sticking up and cracked up laughing.  A lifetime of hair struggles is worth that sweet, sweet sound.  I also am very short on time these days and am thankful that I can take a shower, let my hair dry by itself and let the curls take over.  I'm sure I'll go back to straightening some day... but for now I'll appreciate the crazy hair and smile when a  stranger says.. "She has your hair!  People pay good money for curls like that!"

Not us... not ever :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment