Loving Brianna

A husband, a toddler, and a full-time job... I'm just one girl trying to balance it all!

Monday, July 2, 2012

16 Month Update

Lately several people have referred to Brianna as being a year and a half old.  Yes... I know... she is close enough that I guess technically she is almost a year and a half but this Mama isn't ready for that milestone.  So right now... I'm enjoying these last two months before we actually get there!  



Brianna continues to pick up new words daily.  One of my favorite things I have noticed lately is she has memorized some of her favorite books.  She loves all books but there are a few that I read to her 100 times a day and she can't get enough.  I noticed she was saying the words before I even turn the page.  May be the cutest thing ever!  I need to capture it on video but every time I pull out the video camera she stops and is distracted!  

The best way to get cuddles is to hold her "kiki" (blankie) and she comes running and gives you a big hug.  She is such a sweet girl.  She is selective with her kisses but that just makes it even more special when you get one.

We continue to go to swim lessons on Saturday mornings.  She gets very distracted in swim class.  She understands what she is supposed to do... and she does it... but she just won't keep doing it.  After she masters something she wants to move on to the next activity.  All of the other babies seem to be a little more easy going than she is.  I'm afraid she has her Daddy's attention span!  

I finally took some pictures Saturday evening and when I started looking at them it seems like all of a sudden she seems so grown up!  You can tell she has so much more confidence in her movements.  I can't believe how fast this time has gone.

 "squinty face"


And look at these crazy curls...




She is starting to be somewhat of a picky eater.  I think this stage is pretty typical for a toddler... she will go for a day or two without eating much and then spend a day making up for it.  She seems to like pasta, turkey, watermelon, corn, and raisins.  

We are coming up on our big trip to SC so it would be wonderful if everyone could think happy thoughts for us!  I have a lot of work to get done before we go... traveling is so different now that Brianna is here! It will be a lot of fun though!  


No comments:

Post a Comment