Loving Brianna

A husband, a toddler, and a full-time job... I'm just one girl trying to balance it all!

Tuesday, December 14, 2010

29 Weeks

I had my week 29 doctor's visit today and it went well. My blood pressure is still a little high but not bad. I met with the final doctor I hadn't seen yet and she was wonderful! She spent a long time talking with me and made me feel confident that I'm doing a decent job in the baby growing department :) She let me listen to the baby's heartbeat a little longer than usual and it was wonderful! The heartbeat is still in the 150's and it always sounds so great! The most exciting news that I got was that the baby is FINALLY head down!!! Hopefully she stays that way! She has been breech the entire pregnancy. The doctor confirmed that I have been having Braxton Hicks contractions which has been a little uncomfortable and makes it feel like her birth is that much closer.

I have tried not to be too much of a crazy person with first time Mommy questions at the doctor's office but I gave in to ask a few today. My friends will be happy to know that the baby indeed can't grab an internal organ and I am not hurting her by laying on my side when she is kicking. AND... the doctor didn't laugh too hard when I asked. Overall, it was a happy appointment. She wants me to have another ultrasound in 2 weeks and Kimberly will be in town and able to go which is very exciting for both of us. After this next appointment I have to go every week and have ultrasounds to make sure the baby is doing okay with the slight rise in my blood pressure. I don't mind at all... I get to see this little girl on a regular basis until she is born! (And hopefully get a couple more opinions on the fact that she actually IS a girl!)

No comments:

Post a Comment